Friday, January 9, 2009

Imperial Sand Dunes Latest Issues

About 1 year a ago we heard about a tragedy involving a Rhino and a train at the Glamis Dunes. The Accident involved two teenage girls and a young boy. The accident occurred when they were waiting for the train to pass and since the crossing guard arms were down and One of the victims tried to go around them. As I am looking for information for this blog I almost come to tears, be safe be smart and always look both ways when crossing the railroad tracks. As I did a google search I came across one of the YouTube videos made for the three victims http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXdaIa8_OU&feature=related Why would I post this? hopefully people realize how important it is to stay off the tracks. The Union Pacific released an article online about putting up a fence around the tracks. I cannot tell you how many times I have physically seen people on OHVs trying to race the train. People the train is not as skinny as rail road tracks. The train actually hangs three extra feet on both sides over the rails. According to the Union Pacific website over 1800 people are killed or injured on or near rail road tracks. Don't race the trains! For the complete article please visit
http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/community/2008/1217_glamis.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment