Monday, January 12, 2009

Adobe Wall in Imperial County- Imperial Dunes Plank Road

I was doing research on Imperial Sand Dunes and the old plank road and I came across a photograph about an adobe building that can be spotted from Interstate 8 from Yuma going West to Imperial Sand Dunes. I have been on the phone All day. I first called the court in Winterhaven and they directed me to the Winterhaven Sheriffs Office. I called the Sheriffs office and they directed me to the local Tribal Office and I was transferred to several departments. Finally I was directed to the BLM office. I have not been called back about the mysterious wall. Why am I so concerned about this wall in the middle of no where? The photo I had found said that this was a Stage coach exchange. A place where you could go and exchange your tired horses. It peaked my intrested because of the Old Plank Road. Old Pank Road was a road constructed out of planks that went across the Imperial Sand Dunes and helped paved the road for the firsts OHVs. After going to the location and taking as many pictures as I could, someone made a joke about the wall. The wall was made of adobe, mud, small pebbles, and hay. Their comment was " I can't belive this wall is still up if it was a stage coach exchange, then again, it never rains in Yuma. " I hope than I could find the answer to this mystery soon. I thought the Yuma Historical Society would have some information for me but I might have gotten an old number. So untill I have more info check out these pics

No comments:

Post a Comment