Saturday, January 10, 2009

Imperial Sand Dunes Dune Cleanup

In case you had no idea more people equals more trash. That is why the United Dessert Gateway has for the past 12 year organized an annual Dune Clean Up. The clean up is usually scheduled around Martin Luther King Day. It comes at a great time, since I believe that their busiest times are from Thanksgiving weekend until that Martin Luther King Day weekend. I know some people usually stay there from Christmas until New Years. Although the cleanup is scheduled to be on a weekend when people are making plans to ride several people do show up to attend the event. According to United Desert Gateway's Website http://uniteddesertgateway.org the event that was held two years ago over 2000 volunteers showed up for the cleanup. Unfortunately last years numbers were not available on their website. The dune cleanup will be held on Saturday January 17th 2009 at 8:00 PST. That is a complete relief to me since I am in Arizona time and I can leave an hour later! I am so glad it's not the other way around because I doing know if I could be there one hour earlier. There will be prize give-a-ways for more info check out http://uniteddesertgateway.org. Keep the dunes open! clean it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment