Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Imperial Sand Dunes Films

I went over to the Imperial Sand Dunes today to be more exact Glamis Dunes. I had to take some photos for promos and website information. To my surprise there was a film being shot there. I was really excited yet scared. I didn't think they would allow me to take photographs of the sand Dunes. I saw the BLM there so was a security Guard. I thought man I came all this way and now I can't do what I set out to do. So I held my breath and hoping I could make it to the spot I sought after. I made it... My goal was not to be a movie rat and try to get an autograph, it was honestly to get some pictures. The drive to get there was about 40 minutes and it sucks that I went all that way just to be sent home. I was suppose to meet with someone regarding the sand Dunes clean up coming up on January 17th 2009. I volunteered to help clean up this year, and I was suppose to pick up some posters to post all over Yuma. So I called to let the lady I was suppose to meet up with I was going to be late for our meeting. I called and let her know that I was close but I was still late. She said I'm at this place I will meet you where I said I would in a bit. I was in shock, I was at the same spot she was. So She told me exactly where she was and to my surprise I was standing right in front of her. :) I had so much to learn about Imperial Sand Dunes and what United Desert Gateway does. If you don't know United Desert Gateway works with Brawley, El Centro and Yuma Chamber of Commerce, and BLM. They worked hard to get the Imperial Sand Dunes open after it was shut down. Sometimes we go through life enjoying places or things and have no idea the work people put into them. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to the sand dunes and had a blast and never thought about the time people spent in congress fighting to keep the sand dunes open. THANK YOU United Desert Gateway! I appreciate what you have done. Well, back to my first thought, there have been several movies that have been filmed in Imperial Sand Dunes. Three Kings, Scorpion King, Jarhead, some of the well known are Star Wars, Star Gate, and Wayne's World II. So if any of you would like to film at Imperial Sand Dunes Contact http://www.filmimperialcounty.com/ For more information.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes we go through life enjoying places or things and have no idea the work people put into them. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to the sand dunes and had a blast and never thought about the time people spent in congress fighting to keep the sand dunes open."- so true

    ReplyDelete